One of the best document I came across – View Document
SAP Fiori is the new user experience (UX) for SAP software that applies modern design principles. SAP solutions, such as the SAP S/4HANA, SAP Business Suite and SAP SuccessFactors are using or planning to use the SAP Fiori UX to provide an personalized, adaptive and simple user experience.
SAP Fiori UX speaks a consistent design language and makes use of a common technical infrastructure. By blurring traditional computing boundaries and by using interactive and attractive UI elements, it provides a consistent and holistic user experience across the enterprise and can be used across all device types.
Organized by user role, the SAP Fiori launchpad is the single point of entry to all SAP Fiori apps, where users access apps via tiles. Within the launchpad are services for navigation, personalization, single sign-on, and search. The SAP Fiori launchpad and the SAP Fiori app tiles are flexible and can be configured and personalized to your needs. You can use the search in the SAP Fiori launchpad to search for business objects and for apps.
Apps applying the SAP Fiori UX focus on the most critical and common activities and are designed around how people work:
- Role-based: Designed for you, your needs and how you work
- Adaptive: adapts to multiple use cases and devices
- Simple: Includes only what is necessary
- Coherent: Provides one fluid, seamless experience
- Delightful: Makes an emotional connection
All UIs are built using state-of-the-art technology such as HTML5 and SAPUI5 mobile. SAP Fiori apps allow you to access the most recent version of your back-end data via OData (RESTful Web) services. Through previously defined roles and authorizations you can specify which apps and which data a user is allowed to access.
SAP Fiori UX is fully aligned with the SAP UX Strategy, providing the new user experience for SAP software as part of the “New” and “Renew” components.
SAP Fiori UX design principles
- Role-based: SAP Fiori is designed for your business, your needs, and how you work. It draws from our broad insights on the multifaceted roles of today’s workforce. SAP Fiori provides the right information at the right time and reflects the way you actually work.
- Delightful: Apart from making you work smarter, SAP Fiori also enriches your work experience by allowing you to simply do your job.
- Coherent: Whether you fulfill a sales order, review your latest KPIs, or manage leave requests – SAP Fiori adheres to a consistent interaction and visual design language. Across the enterprise, you enjoy the same intuitive and consistent experience.
- Simple: With SAP Fiori, you can complete your job intuitively and quickly. SAP Fiori helps you focus on what is important – essential functions are easy to use and you can personalize the experience to focus on your relevant tasks and activities.
- Adaptive: SAP Fiori enables you to work how and where you want, regardless of the device you use. And, it provides relevant information that allows for instant insight.
Modern user experience
SAP Fiori 2.0 is a modern UX that encompasses visual design, information architecture, and interaction patterns:
- Visual design – SAP Fiori 2.0 offers a refined visual language. Clean and consistent layouts throughout the user interface convey the content with clarity. Experience modern, visually pleasing aesthetics with a strong focus on ease of use
- Information architecture – Give business users ready access to the information they need to complete their tasks
- Interaction patterns – Harness simple and intuitive interactive patterns to boost productivity company-wide
SAP Fiori launchpadThe SAP Fiori launchpad serves as an aggregation of all user tasks in one place (including third-party content, Web sites, and SAP Fiori apps). Individual users can personalize their own respective SAP Fiori launchpad, organizing it into categories and folders to provide a single place for simple business interaction and ease of use.
Support Lines of businessSAP Fiori provides the new user experience for SAP S/4HANA: SAP Fiori UX provides a personalized user experience for enterprise-wide engagement across lines of business, such as sales, finance, human resources, procurement, manufacturing and supply chain.
Gain productivityBy making SAP software easier to use, people will get more done in less time, freeing them to pursue additional projects.
Increase user adoptionWith a more intuitive experience, there is less internal resistance to using SAP. This means greater adoption of business processes, so more mission-critical information resides in your system of record, where it belongs.
Decrease user errorsEnabling a simple, role-based interface and converting open text fields to pulldown menus or radio buttons, greatly reduces the opportunity for people to make data entry errors. With fewer mistakes to correct, you can decrease the significant cost or rework.
Save training costsBy making the user experience more intuitive, you can reduce or eliminate training for your staff. Many companies invest heavily in training their employees how to use SAP. They must pay for the training class as well as take people away from their day jobs to attend the training. This all goes away when the software is intuitive and easy to use.