Posting Keys in SAP FI are used to determine Account types (A, D, K, M, and S) and also the type of posting. It is 2-digit numerical key.
Different Account Types in SAP FI −
- A = Assets
- D = Customers
- K = Vendors
- M = Materials
- S = General Ledger Account
Asset Posting Keys
Material Posting Keys
|89||Stock Inward Movement||Material Debit|
|99||Stock outward Movement||Material Credit|
There are various Account type posting keys available in SAP FI.
How to create a SAP FI Posting Key?
Go to SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → Financial Accounting → Financial Accounting Global Setting → Document → Line Item → Controls → Define Posting Keys → Execute.
Click the Create icon.
Enter the 2-digit numeric code (Example ‘02’) and the name of the posting key and press the Enter key.
Now you need to provide the following details −
- Debit/Credit Indicator − Select Debit or Credit.
- Account Type − Select the Appropriate account type.
- Other Attributes − Select other appropriate attributes.
- Reversal Posting Key − Update the reversal posting key.
The next step is to click the Save icon to successfully configure the posting key.