SAP Crystal Reports (Introduction)
Crystal Reports is a business intelligence application, currently marketed to small businesses by SAP SE. It is used to design and generate reports from a wide range of data sources.
Crystal Reports allows users to graphically design data connection(s) and report layout. In the Database Expert, users can select and link tables from a wide variety of data sources, including Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Oracle databases, Microsoft SQL Server databases, Microsoft Access databases, Business Objects Enterprise business views, and local file-system information. Report designers can place fields from these sources on the report design surface, and can also deploy them in custom formulas (using either BASIC or Crystal’s own syntax), which are then placed on the design surface. Formulas can be evaluated at several phases during report generation as specified by the developer.
With SAP Crystal Reports, you can create powerful, richly formatted, dynamic reports from virtually any data source – delivered in dozens of formats, in up to 24 languages. A robust production reporting tool, SAP Crystal Reports turns almost any data source into interactive, actionable information that can be accessed offline or online, from applications, portals and mobile devices.
WHY Crystal Reports:-
- Leverage powerful reporting tools to deliver key insights and a clear picture of the business to decision makers
- Get broad connectivity to diverse data sources to create real-time operational reports
- Make actionable information available online or offline – from applications, portals, and mobile devices
- Use flexible, customizable report design to give customers and partners the reporting formats of their choice
Intuitive design environment
Quickly design elegant business reports using a “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) layout that offers popular design, integration, and deployment options.
- Use intuitive design tools to create the precise report layouts you need
- Reduce time spent on report formatting with templates and
- Set parameter values and get results without refreshing data
- Explore results interactively with on-report sorting and filtering
- Set sorting and formatting to match local customs
Speed up report design using features such as global formula search, duplicate formula, duplicate running total, a “find-in-field” explorer, and more
- Automatically create hyperlinks with the hyperlink wizard
- Instantly generate barcodes with a “turn to barcode” function
- Set report parameters and apply values from a single, easy-to-use parameter panel
Enhance report designs with powerful, integrated components – such as dynamic charts, Adobe Flash, Adobe Flex, and SAP Crystal Dashboard Design data visualizations.
- Convey information in a more compelling way with enhanced designer features
- Add dynamic charts, graphics, and videos to reports using Adobe Flash
- Visualize what-if scenarios with SAP Crystal Dashboard Design integration
- Execute business decisions within reports by embedding Adobe Flex
Deploy and share reports in multiple ways – including data-driven publishing, new data access, comprehensive export options, and software development kits (SDKs).
- Blast personalized reports to thousands of recipients by integrating with SAP Crystal Server
- Access interactive data online using data drivers for enhanced Web services
- Easily access complete customer data with a Salesforce.com driver
- Quickly integrate reports into business processes with XML exporting
- Add, change, or create new report objects at runtime with SDK options